Founder of the Aurel Design Urbain Studio, Caterina Aurel is an architect and urban planner who graduated from the Florence Architecture School.
Caterina Aurel combines the precision and pragmatism acquired during complex French and international projects with the refinement of Italian culture. A humanist vision feeds her vocation as an architect. In serving her clients she gives great importance to the well-being of individuals, the quality of social relations and respect for different cultures and places.
6 key dates
- 2013: consultancy role for Geneva local authorities on the quality of public spaces at the six stations between France and Geneva
- 2002 – 2010: urban planning for the city of Port, Réunion
- 1996: joined Marc Aurel at Aurel Design Urbain in Cassis, France
- 1994 – 2002: architect-urban planner in charge of development for PACA regional management for SCET, the Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations Group
- 1992 – 1993: collaboration with Wilmotte architecture and design agency in Paris, as architeture and urban planning project manager
- 1991 – 1992 : collaboration with the architecture and urban planning agency City Design in San Diego, United States
Training and teaching
- 1998 – 2011: co-run ‘Habitat and politics in the city’ at the National Architecture School in Marseille (ENSA), as well as urban analysis projects
- 2009: specialisation in environmental approaches to urban planning and energy management
- 2008: graduated in environmental quality for architecture and urban planning projects at ENSA Marseille
- 1999 – 2007: co-run ‘Urban Projects’ classes for the masters in managing habitats and politics, Ecole Superieur in Marseille
- 1993 – 1994: masters in urban planning and project management, École Nationale des Ponts et Chaussées, Paris
- 1991: graduated with distinction at the architecture school of Florence